I've written a blog post on exactly what you'll be doing to gain pledges for this race.
Please read through this blog here.
Here's how the event will work:
- Before the event you will collect pledges for how many strips you will sew or a flat rate donation.
- Each strip sewn is a pledge (like a lap in a jog-a-thon).
- A jelly roll race quilt takes one Jelly Roll which is 42 strips. So if someone pledges $1 per strip and you sew the whole jelly roll end to end, that's $42 dollars.
- A complete quilt top at $1 per strip pledge will net $48 (after each fold is made, read the blog to see what I mean).
- You can make as many quilt top as you want or can make within the time alloted.
- Any completed quilt tops that you do not want to keep can be left with Hummingbird Lane Fabrics and they will then be donated to AZ Blankets for Kids
All proceeds will go to Alex's Lemonade Stand in support of September being National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month. You can read more about the organization here.
Join us to raise our goal of $2,000.
You can participate in person or online so everyone can be a part of it no matter where you are.
You do not need to be in it all day, but the more hours you sew the more money raised and every little bit helps!
- First person to raise $50 will win: A Jelly Roll from the Patriotic Pincushion, $50 gift card for Long Arm Services from Sew Cool Quilts
- First person to raise $100 will win: A super fun gift basket from Less Bitter, More Glitter! Perfect items for decorating your sewing room with!
- First person to raise $200 will win: $100 gift card, Tiny Beasts fat quarter bundles, Mythical solids layer cake; 5 Jaybird Patterns, and a Steamfast Travel Iron