Get Creative with a Collage Quilt
Honey Bee Collage Quilt Pattern by Laura Heine
Collage quilts are the perfect way to burn through your fabric stash and get super creative. Honey Bee by Laura Heine would definitely make the perfect wall hanging or quilt for your little bug.
- 6″ x 11″ or so of 5-6 different blacks with a slight print for the bee, 1 or 2 metallic fabrics work great
- Scraps or 46″ x 11″ of at least 5-7 different cuttable motifs for the bee. These can be very dark flowers, flowers for eyes, flowers for bee’s body…
- 6″ x 11″ or so of 3-4 different fabrics for the wings. These fabrics can be black and white wing looking prints and script fabrics.
- Scraps or 6″ x 11″ of 2-3 different cuttable fabrics for the wings. These fabrics can have a bit of color in them.
- 6″ x 11″ of 1 dark green to brown fabric for the antennae
- 6″ x 11″ of 8-9 different yellow fabrics for the bee stripes and backgrounds. These fabrics can have a print to them but not overpowering.
- 6″ x 11″ of 10-11 different creams to white fabrics with a slight print for backgrounds.
- 6″ x 11″ of 11-12 different light to medium pink to orange fabrics for backgrounds and the heart on the bee. These fabrics can also have some cuttable motifs on them for shading. These fabrics need to be a mix of values.
- 2-3 different cuttable bee fabrics for the backgrounds
- 6″ WOF fabric for the binding
- 1 yard of Pattern Ease Foundation
- 6 yards of 24″ wide Steam a Seam 2 fusible
- Karen K Buckley medium Scissors
- #2 pencil, not mechanical and black Sharpie Pen
- 1 1/2 yards of backing fabric